Hello,

I have SATA (Promise tx2plus libata) and SCSI
disks in one of my machines. My SATA disks are
primary, and the SCSI disks are just kept around
for legacy stuff.

I just recompiled my kernel so that the SCSI
module would be compiled directly into my
kernel, just in case I needed to boot from one
of my SCSI disks. This action had the unfortunate
side-effect of placing the SCSI disks BEFORE
my SATA disks in drive numbering/lettering.

Is there a way to tell the kernel at either
compile or boot time to give priority to the
SATA drivers?

Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator