On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 04:29:32PM +0000, Calvin Spealman wrote
> For most of the time my machine has been set up, I have been able to use USB
> storage devices without any trouble (mostly). Recently, after a kernel
> upgrade, I found that /dev/sda had gone missing. The confusing part is that
> I hadn't changed any configurations in the kernel for anything at all. The
> modules are all loaded, and I can even see the device in lsusb, I just
> don't have a block device to mount it from. So, what could be causing this
> and how can I fix it? Manually creating the node isn't a problem, if I can
> find the major-minor numbers, which I can't.

  Scott correctly points out that the lowspeed option kills /dev/sda and
/dev/sda1 for USB.  However, you should now see /dev/uba and /dev/uba1
instead.  They serve the same function for USB.  Mount /dev/uba1 instead
of /dev/sda1, and it should work OK.

--
Walter Dnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
An infinite number of monkeys pounding away on keyboards will