On Saturday 19 February 2005 19:37, Luigi Pinna wrote:

> I want to remove cups from my dependecies because I have no printer.
> The problem that I can't set -cups in make flags because emerge ignore
> it.

Try removing cups from package.mask, setting -cups in make.conf and then

emerge --newuse world

this should rebuild all the packages that have optional cups support in their
USE flags without cups support (note: this might be a *long* list, and among
them there might be very large programs).
After this, you will probably be able to emerge -C cups.

HTH
--
Vini, vidi, Linux!
        -- Unknown source