Ciaran McCreesh wrote:

| I am beginning to lose all respect for you, Ciaran. First with your | "bzzt-wrong!" when *you* had wrong information about the way MAC | addresses are supposed to be assigned to machines and network | interfaces, and now this.

You mean, how I actually read what's specified, and how it sometimes
doesn't fit in with your assumptions?

You mean how I posted chapter and verse from the IEEE 802-2001 spec which specifically says that having different MAC addresses for each network port on a machine (and in fact for each network port on a multi-port LAN card) is not only *allowed*, but *recommended*?

--
Manuel A. McLure KE6TAW <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,