Thank you for your reply,

The settings within GnuCash only effect the booking formula and not the reports
and menu or status bar. For system wide settings I use iso8859-15 and for the
console lat9w-16. Setup like mentioned in the Gentoo Linux Localization Guide.

Since everything else works and searching the net, I see lot's of problems like
this with GnuCash. Only I can't find a solution. With all the forums I have
visited, they all end with no solution.

Not changing the fonts and only changing the language variable, the dollar sign
pops up without a rebuild or doing anything else.

I still believe it has to do with building gnucash and therefor the source.
What version works correct. If it works somewhere else it has to work with me
also. Or am I wrong on that.

Cheers,
William.

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 21:29:21 +0000
Peter Ruskin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote Re: [gentoo-user] gnucash and
the EURO sign :

--