On Tuesday 01 March 2005 20:33, Collins Richey wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 20:20:37 +0100, Antoine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I have never
>
> > really been interested in Grub cos it is more complicated than lilo

> You probably love emacs, too <grin>.

I love xemacs&grub.

But it is ok, to prefer nano to emacs. Really.
As long as you are not using vi(m) ;)

jokes aside.

Grub is a lot user friendlier than lilo. It is hard to set both of  them up
for the first time, but Grub is a lot less sensitive than lilo.

If you forgot to rerun lilo or put the kernel in the conf, you are screwed.
Happy bootdisk searching!
I suspect every lilo-user has forgotten this at least one time.

If you forgot to put the kernel in your menu.lst, you can easily edit the boot
line and everything will work fine. And no need to rerun something. You can
make errors with grub, and still boot and that makes it so friendly.