On 2024-05-24, Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a Plex user for video and have also ripped my CD
> collection. Plex plays audio fine to TVs that have a Plex app but
> apparently sometimes doesn't work well (as of yet untested by me) to
> network streaming players.

I never got the Plex app for Roku to work in a usable manner (and I
think it eventually got discontinued?).  The Plex app in Kodi has
always worked fine for me (though I haven't used it for probably about
a year).  Plex also worked with other DLNA clients I've tried (Kodi, VLC).

> While I don't know if the above will be a problem I've purchased a
> network streaming player and will test it out over the weekend when it
> arrives but if Plex doesn't work, or doesn't work well,

I'd be interested to hear what player you got and how it works with Plex.

--
Grant