From: Andrea Aime <andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it>
To: Ravi Pavuluri <ravith...@ymail.com>
Cc: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Thu, February 3, 2011 12:12:26 PM
Subject: Re: [Geoserver-users] Control flow module installation

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Ravi Pavuluri <ravith...@ymail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking at configuring control flow module(which looks very promising)
> and I use geoserver 2.0.2. I downloaded the jar file from
>http://gridlock.opengeo.org/geoserver/2.0.x/ext-2011-01-31/geoserver-2.0.3-SNAPSHOT-control-flow-plugin.zip
> and placed inside web-inf/lib folder of geoserver like any other plugins.
>
> When I restart the geoserver, I do not see the file "controlflow.properties"
> file in the data directory nor any interface additions in geoserver admin
> interface.So, I created the file myself in the data directory with options
> set.
>
> Few questions:
> 1) Is it installed at all? I do not see anything in the logs. Probably
> version mismatch problem?
> 2) Is this the way to install?
> 3) How do I know if it is working?

It is the way to install it, but it's not compatible with 2.0.2 and will likely
lock up your GeoServer pretty soon due to a bug in the dispatcher.

If you want to use it you'll also have to take the corresponding GeoServer
nightly build.

As for knowing it's really working, in fact there is no good way, the module
does not use much logging to avoid overhead.
I guess we should add some logging at the moment when the configuration
is reloaded... to know it's at least enabled you can try to specify a negative
queue size, if it's properly loaded it will throw an exception that you will be
able to see in the logs.

Technical Lead

phone: +39 0584962313
fax:     +39 0584962313