Von: Rudolf <rudolf.hochmeis...@wien.gv.at>
An: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Gesendet: 15:37 Mittwoch, 19.Oktober 2011
Betreff: Re: [Geoserver-users] tomcat6 not deploying geoserver.war but does
deploy geo.war???

Hi,

I guess the problem is that both war files are getting deployed to default
directory 'geoserver' which causes a conflict in tomcat. But by renaming the
war file, deployment directory changes also to new war-name.

As a war file is an ordinary zip-archive, you can also: unzip war, rename
directory to 'geoserver-<version>' and copy it into tomcat's webapp
directory - should also work.

cheers,
Rudi