On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 5:53 AM, Harikumar Reddy <harik....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi users,
> we face lot of struggle to configure layers this time and finally succeeded.
> So, I hope this info may be useful to others, who use Geoserver
> 2.1.0, Springsource TC Server, oracle exadata DB (w.r.t. our environment).
> The issue is with deployment environment, but not from Geoserver side.
> Thanks for users spent time on this issue. We have encountered two problems
> as below.
> Based on Andrea guidance, we have decided to configure Oracle JNDI datastore
> for advanced DB like exadata.
> 1. Connection Error while creating oracle jndi datastore to Exadata (Oracle
> RAC) and its resolution:
> Issue: For connecting Geoserver to ExaData Oracle JNDI data store was
> proposed using Oracle JNDI plugin. First, we have to copy ojdbc14.jar in lib
> of server in which we deployed. Then we had to edit context.xml and add
> resource info (Datasource) entry with jndi name and also edit web.xml and
> add resource ref parameters.  After doing all these error was encountered.
> Resolution:  We deploy a sample war file for testing the connection and
> found that jdbc driver is not getting loaded. This assures the doubt that
> ojdbc14.jar is not in proper position.We deployed geoserver war in tcserver
> instance. So here we have to put ojdbc14.jar in lib directory of tcserver
> instance. Wrongly it was put in lib of tomcat directory with in tcserver
> instance.Normally we donot use  tomcat directory with in tcserver so any jar
> putting inthe lib of tomcat is not in path of tcserver. So we created a lib
> folder in folder where tc server is installed and put the ojdbc14.jar
> there.This solved the connection issue
> 2. Issues while configuring GIS layers with Exadata (Oracle RAC) DB and its
> resolution (error calculating bounds issue)
> Issue: After configuring jndi data store we tried to publish layer, getBound
> method of geoserver was throwing exception  when we select calculate bound
> from data' in geoserver.When we tested in local environment also same error
> occured for jndi datasore layer publishing
> Resolution: Deployed geoserver.war has a lib which contains ojdbc14.jar. Now
> for jndi store we put ojdbc14.jar in tcserver lib. So even if same version
> ojdbc.jar exist in two places, bound calculation will fail.So we removed
> ojdbc14.jar from lib of geoserver.war and restarted geoserver .This solved
> error calculating bounds issue.

Nice, thanks for sharing it back with the community.

Wondering, is there anyone interested in writing up a JNDI tutorial for tcserver
similar to the Tomcat one?
I'm likely going to write one for Weblogic sometimes soon

Tech lead

Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)

fax:      +39 0584 962313