On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Matthew Foster <matthew.fos...@noaa.gov>wrote:

> I'm having a couple of issues with 2.2-RC1...
>
> I'm getting "Session Timeouts" fairly frequently, when I don't think I
> should be.  For example, this morning I changed a view on a PostGIS db that
> GS was using.  I logged in to our GS, immediately went to the layer, and
> when I clicked "Reload Feature Type", I got the Session Timeout message.

Wicket sometimes returns that error message also when there are errors
switching pages and the like.
Can you look in the geoserver.log file (DATA_DIR/logs/geoserver.log) and
see if there is any stack
trace in there right after you see one of these messages?

> I'm also seeing rather slow responses from the server at times.  I haven't
> been able to find anywhere that is consistently slow, nor have I done any
> formal metrics.  This is a subjective evaluation.  We just upgraded from
> 2.1.4 to 2.2-RC1, and I am noticing more instances, where my browsers sits
> at "Waiting for ..." for several seconds.  Have others noticed slower

I haven't, but at the same time I cannot say we run formal benchmarks to
compare the two versions

Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more
information.

@geowolf