Hi all, answer inside

Zitat von Andrea Aime <andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it>:

> On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 6:44 PM, Matthew Foster
> <matthew.fos...@noaa.gov>wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 3:33 AM, Andrea Aime <andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it
>> > wrote:

>>> Wicket sometimes returns that error message also when there are errors
>>> switching pages and the like.
>>> Can you look in the geoserver.log file (DATA_DIR/logs/geoserver.log) and
>>> see if there is any stack
>>> trace in there right after you see one of these messages?
>>>

>> OK...I finally got this to happen again when trying to add a new
>> Authentication Provider.  The only thing that is appearing in the Geoserver
>> log is...
>>
>> WARN [geoserver.security] - No session available to get url parameter
>> encrypter
>>
>> This occurred even after logging out and back in.  I had to restart
>> Geoserver to get back in to the desired page.
>>

> Ah, this seems an issue with the new authentication subsystem then. I
> cannot help, but I've cced people
> that might know more

Hmmm, the warning is a confirmation that there is really no session.
If the "encrypt url parameter" feature is turned on, the security
system wants to store a newly generated key in the session. If there
is no session, the warning is produced and no encryption is applied.

@Matthew, can you turn of the "encrypt url parameter" feature on the
security page and retry ?

Cheers
Christian