Hello and thanks for your response.

- The following steps have been taken:
On Geoserver, I've created a Group Service using the JDBC option and
connected it through localhost (jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/Geoserver)
using a postgresql.Driver. The Username/Password I've used in this
connection are for a superuser on the database. The "Create Database Tables"
has been enabled.

- I have added users to this database both by adding them via phppgadmin and
by using the GeoServer. Both worked and both users are seen by the
GeoServer.

- Created a new Authentication Provider using previous made Group Service
and the same connection via localhost. Added the Authentication Provider to
the Selected Provider Chain.

Tried logging in via users who were added to the Database Table. Does not
work.

The following error cause is given when trying to login via a DB user
(Username used was "DB_User_Test"): Caused by:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: password authentication failed for
user "admin"

It seems that GeoServer tried to login via an Admin user. However, I didn't
define this anywhere so I am not sure why it does this.