Ben- regarding your question as to test failures: I'll reply separately
for the geotools and geoserver failures on the appropriate lists.
Ironically, it is my AppSchemaFileDataTest that is giving errors. Here
is the sure-fire report

Test set: org.geotools.data.complex.config.AppSchemaFileDataTest
Tests run: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 2.406
sec <<< FAILURE!
testPropertiesMappings(org.geotools.data.complex.config.AppSchemaFileDataTest)
Time elapsed: 1 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.io.IOException: Unable to delete file:
target\test\AppSchemaFileDataTest\directory\PointFeatureGeomPropertyfile.properties
    at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.forceDelete(FileUtils.java:1087)
    at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.cleanDirectory(FileUtils.java:811)
    at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.deleteDirectory(FileUtils.java:777)
    at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.forceDelete(FileUtils.java:1079)
    at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.cleanDirectory(FileUtils.java:811)
    at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.deleteDirectory(FileUtils.java:777)
    at
org.geotools.data.complex.config.AppSchemaFileDataTest.tearDown(AppSchemaFileDataTest.java:85)
    at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
    at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
    at
org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit38ClassRunner.run(JUnit38ClassRunner.java:81)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:62)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSet(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:140)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:127)
    at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:177)
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:345)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:1009)

testPropertiesMappingsAbsolute(org.geotools.data.complex.config.AppSchemaFileDataTest)

Time elapsed: 0 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.io.IOException: Unable to delete file:
target\test\AppSchemaFileDataTest\directory\PointFeatureGeomPropertyfile.properties
    at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.forceDelete(FileUtils.java:1087)
    at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.cleanDirectory(FileUtils.java:811)
    at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.deleteDirectory(FileUtils.java:777)
    at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.forceDelete(FileUtils.java:1079)
    at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.cleanDirectory(FileUtils.java:811)
    at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.deleteDirectory(FileUtils.java:777)
    at
org.geotools.data.complex.config.AppSchemaFileDataTest.setUp(AppSchemaFileDataTest.java:69)

--
Tara Athan
Owner, Athan Ecological Reconciliation Services
tara_athan at alt2is.com
707-272-2115 (cell, preferred)
707-485-1198 (office)
249 W. Gobbi St. #A