Raul,

Andrew Dobson's <Citizenship and Environment> 2003, through Oxford is
excellent and quite compelling.

peter

Peter Jacques, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Political Science
University of Central Florida
P.O. Box 161356
4000 Central Florida Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32816-1356

Phone: (407) 823-2608
Fax: (407) 823-0051
 http://www.cas.ucf.edu/politicalscience/main.php?URL=jacques

>>> Raul Pacheco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 11/27/2004 1:50:14 PM

Dear all,

While we're on the subject of global governance, I am looking to update
a piece I wrote recently on global environmental citizenship. I
personally have qualms with the mere notion of global citizenship, let
alone global environmental citizenship. I argue that if the notion of
global citizenship itself is debatable, global environmental citizenship
sounds like utopia.

I found this article:

Jelin, Elizabeth (2000) "Towards a Global Environmental Citizenship?"
Citizenship Studies, vol. 4, n??m. 1, pp. 47-63

and this is about all the academic stuff I could dig up. Anyone can
point out to references around the subject? Also, if anyone would be
interested in striking a debate surrounding the issue of global
environmental citizenship I'd be delighted.

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!

--
   --Raul

Raul Pacheco