On 01/18/2010 03:09 PM, Benjamin Podszun wrote:
On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Marius Mårnes Mathiesen
<marius.mathie...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 8:27 AM, Abhishek Singh<aks.abhis...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Dear All,
          I'm trying to set up gitorious on a Fedora 12 machine. I'm
following a set up guide which is available at
http://cjohansen.no/en/ruby/setting_up_gitorious_on_your_own_server. Though
the guide is for ubuntu systems, I have successfully completed those steps
on Fedora. I've added entries for git.local, git.myserver.com in /etc/hosts
that point to my localhost. After setting up, when i browse
http://git.local:3000/, I'm able to see the Gitorious interface, but when i
try to log in, i'm unable to do so. Can someone help me with this?
Congratulations on getting it running under Fedora! Any chance of sharing
your experiences eg. on the wiki?
As for your login troubles: did you enter git.local under gitorious_host in
config/gitorious.yml? This sounds like a session issue...
This sounds exactly like the problems I had with my setup before. If
you think that this _should work_ (i.e. the settings are correct, see
the answer from Marius) and it still fails: For me the only thing to
"fix" it was to give it another name, it seemed as if
- no domain (i.e. http://git)
- .local domain (like your case)
wouldn't work with the cookie based session stuff: Same problem: Login
doesn't work. You get an error if you enter false credentials, but you
see just a reload if you enter correct ones..

Hth,
Ben
Dear Benjamin and Marius,
Setting gitorious_host to git.local should not be a problem because I have added an entry to /etc/hosts for git the local which corresponds to the localhost (or 127.0.0.1). When I tried today, I got a certificate error, for which I added an exception, but further trying to obtain the login page, I got:

 Not Found

The requested URL /login was not found on this server.

I thought it was due to ssl, so I renamed /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf to /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl so that apache does not parse it, and then restarted the httpd (apache) daemon. After that trying to login gives me the following error:

Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at git.local.

The paradox is that the machine is able to ping git.local but gitorious is trying to use https and hence it is unable to find anything at https://git.local/login. Is there any solution for this? Thanks.

--

Abhishek Singh
FOSS Nepal Community