On 20/06/2012 5:08 PM, James Starlight wrote:
Mark,

I've made changes in the input mdp file

integrator     = md
energygrps      = Protein_ADN
freezegrps     = Protein_ADN
freezedim      = Y Y Y
energygrp_table
energygrp_excl = Protein_ADN Protein_ADN

here Protein_ADN is the protein_ligand defined in the index.mdp

than I've processed by grompp without problems

but during insertion step by follow command
g_membed -f input.tpr -p topol.top -n index.ndx -xyinit 0.1 -xyend 1.0 -nxy 1000

here I choose Protein_ADN as the group to be inserted and POP as the group wich are membrane. Eventually I've obtained another strange error

Moleculetype POP is found both in the group to insert and the rest of the system. Because we need to exclude all interactions between the atoms in the group to
insert, the same moleculetype can not be used in both groups. Change the
moleculetype of the molecules POP in the inserted group.

I've checked my index.ndx and didt not find POP group in my first Protein_ADN group. Why this error should be ?

Then it seems you're checking things that don't match each other. The numbers in the index file must relate to the whole system, defined by the [molecules] section. You need to make the index group from a file that corresponds to that section, i.e. from the coordinate file you give to grompp, which also must match that section. You should note also any particular requirements in the g_membed documentation about whether the insertion group has to be a single molecule or moleculetype.