> High-Def or standard analog? I know Jarod was more familiar with HD
> since he has it available and it is not that great a price premium.
> Is our audience more likely to have ATSC-only via cable? I don't
> think we get much OTA HD up here, and I haven't tried yet the great
> tip that I'm likely to have QAM-256-encoded HDTV on my analog cable.
> I would be concerned that selecting an HD card might lead to more
> support issues, but  may be off-base on this.

I think that these days most new cards would support both SD and
High-def.  Again, I have no problem with asking people to purchase a
good card that has a wide range of capabilities (in fact, that sounds
better all the while) if that card is going to be easy to work with and
give good value.  If a person already has a card and wants to try to use
it, that is one thing, but if we recommend a card (even with all the
caveats), it should be one that "works".

> Re: selected distros. If Jarod would be the primary technical
> resource, he might be a good one to consult on that choice. I know he
> wrote the Fedora Core HOWTO for MythTV, and I don't know how far-
> ranging his expertise goes.

(Deer in the headlights)

I would not want to "volunteer" Jarod (or anyone) to be the primary
technical resource.  That having been said, this is an APPLIANCE.  It
could have OS/X under it for all I care.....no, I do care.....o.k. any
linux distribution.  Fedora core is fine.  It is just that the Knoppix
one is so cool in running live off the disk.....does Fedora Core do
that?

md