In a message dated: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 07:05:28 EST
Rich Payne said:

>Let me put it this way...unless you have very deep pockets the limiting
>factor will be your connection to the internet, not your routing box. Last
>I heard a 486 could confortable route a T1 line w/o any trouble.

Absolutely, though, I probably wouldn't run a DHCP/BOOTP server on the router/
firewall system.  It can definitely be done and with little impact upon the
performance of the router/firewall box, but for security reasons, I tend to
not run anything I don't have to on these types of systems.
--
Seeya,
Paul