Okay, actually I'm seeing this on my Tru64 workstation, but if you
can bear with me, I think it's similar enough to Netscape on Linux.
Basically, at some undetermined point, Netscape decided that it would
start dropping the .gz extension from the .tar.gz files I download.  It
is *real* annoying.  Note that it doesn't gunzip the file (nor would I
want it to), though I think it does sometimes decide to gunzip files
with a simple .gz extension.

    If anyone could help restore the default behaviour (just download it
as is!), I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

--
Bob Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>