Benjamin Scott wrote:

 > On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, at 3:34pm, Dan Coutu wrote:
 >
 >>Running RH 7.2 ...
 >>
 > [...]
 >
 >>I'm trying to find where the configuration info that governs the structure
 >>of the command line passed to Ghostscript can be found.
 >>

 >   Under RHL 6.2, that is found mainly in two places (well, three if you
 > count /etc/printcap).  One was in the LPD spooler directory itself; you see
 > files like "general.cfg" and "postscript.cfg".  The other places to look
 > would be the /usr/lib/rhs/rhs-printfilters/ directory, which contains many
 > goodies.

Okay, this is closing in on it. There is a file in this directory with a name

based on the driver selected via printtool (aka printconf-gui) and a number
identifying the printer and the extension '.foo'. By editing this I can change
the parameters passed to gs so that it new sees the 'ijs' device that it knows
about. Now the problem is that it reports it can't find a server associated with
the ijs device. Hmpf. This probably ought to be the hpijs server, which is
installed, but I can't figure out to associate ijs with hpijs.

Bayard, I did already check the sourceforge area, so maybe I can save you some

trouble once I get this all working right.

I'm thinking now that perhaps my problem is that the build of Ghostscript didn't

go right. That even though I had the hpijs built and installed the ./configure
of Ghostscript did not detect it and thus didn't craft the Makefile correctly.
I'm going to go down that avenue a little ways and see where that gets me.

--

Dan Coutu
Managing Director