From: Derek Atkins <warl...@mit.edu>
To: Phil Longstaff <plongst...@rogers.com>
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 3:31:13 PM
Subject: Re: Bugs...

I guess we've really never differentiated between "resolved" and "verified".
Personally I've never looked for a closed bug without knowing something
about what I was looking for.

Initial reporters rarely "verify" bugs.

I was just wondering about all the mail. ;)

-derek

Quoting Phil Longstaff <plongst...@rogers.com>:

> They're only resolved, not really closed.  I'm closing all of the really old
> ones to clean up a bit.  Having the original reporter change the bug from
> resolved -> verified is a useful final step to show that the original problem
> is, in fact, solved.  Cleaning out all of the really old bugs that no one
> cares about means that a search for resolved bugs can be useful again.
>
> Phil

--       Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
      warl...@mit.edu                        PGP key available