Hi,    I'm new to GnuCash but, yep, I was disappointed by the multiple
backup and log files cluttering the directory where the main budget file is
stored. I've searched and found out nobody even made a workaround. So I
wrote a Powershell (Windows) script watching folder for new files and moving
them to another folder. Take a look at →  github.com
https://github.com/Kaligula0/FolderWatcher  .  The file has an explanation but
feel free to comment here or file a bug there.    Best regards, Char