SUB: Will PWD complete road of widening from Bambolim to NIO circle with
the same width?

I have approached the PWD supervisor and the authorities of PWD, who are
responsible for the work been entrusted by PWD for the widening of road
which is at the moment going on near the NIO circle slope. The
supervisor  informs
me that there is no chance of further widening and that the orders are
delivered to him by the authorities.

 I am been citing this problem often and no Government authorities has
given me any reply.

I live just near the slope at the Bay View colony and we have number of
vehicles which has to come out to this main road and that being a half of
the size of the widening road from Bambolim to D.Paula, is surely going to
create haphazard and accidents on this road.

This newly done road coming up from Bambolim is quite good and the
vehicles are seen speeding at the 100 to 120 Kms per hour and when they
reach to this slope they either have to lower the speed or could bang into
the vehicles coming out from these colonies that are Bay View and Ocean
heights.

Already there were earlier number of accidents in this slope area and if
widening is not done than “GOD” only should help these residents and the
Taleigao voters.

I do not understand why the Taleigao Panchayat is not aware of this work
going on at the moment.  I have just contacted the Sarpanch of Taleigao
Panchayat and handed over the complaint with photographs  for necessary
action. Later I went to the office of the Taleigao MLA and met the PA of
Babush Monserate Ms. Maria who says that she will bring to his notice.  I
was told that Ms Jeniffer Monserate MLA has no e-mail Id.  It is so
disgusting that none of these people i.e Sarpanch and the office of MLA of
Taleigao will be able to help us.

This situation is aggravated  at the moment where the work of asphalting by
PWD is in progress.

Will the Governor of Goa, Her Excellency Ms Mridula, at least takes up the
matter since her fleet with the entourage passes everyday on this road and
never stops to see what is going on.

I understand that BJP finds difficult to hurt the sentiments of certain
housing to allow the authorities to create a space for widening.

We have number of vehicles plying in this road that is NIO staff and their
colony, Rosary school buses, Cidade de Goa staff, Goa International club,
number of tourists vehicles and buses, and many housing residents from
D.Paula area.

Will PWD gives us the exact position or intention whether this road will be
widen or will remain as it is.

Can anybody forward this mail to BJP MLA Data Prasad ,  MLA Taleigao
 Jeniffer Monserate and the new MLA Mr Sidarth Kuncolienkar who have just
taken the reins as MLA of  Panjim,  as I do not have their e-mail ID’s, and
request them to intervene into this project which has bottleneck in this
area/slope  of widening.

.

Stephen Dias

D.Paula