On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 at 04:31, Denis Cheremisov <denis.cheremi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > possibility of using angle brackets
>
> Please stop
>
>    - call these operator signs “brackets”
>    - pretending they are good in a role of brackets — they are not
>    - spreading this nonsense from C syntax family of languages to saner
>    once — yes, you heard it right. C is known for its chaotic development and
>    lack of careful planning.
>    - thinking yet another strange workaround is a good thing

On terminology:
US: [brackets], (parens).
UK: (brackets), [square brackets],
I'm sure other locales have their own equally confusing names for these
things, but the Go team is based in the US, so you can't fault them for
using that dialect.

To the rest of your points, I will only say: arguments are more persuasive
than insults.