> I know stripes is a very slow framework on server startup time, and
> apparently it needs to start up after being idle for a few minutes on
> GAE. Before I go down the patch of switching MVCs, I would be
> interested in

I am using Stripes and I think the startup is not really that slow, I
usually get it in 6-7 secs. Obviously it's very depending on how many
actions you have but, but maybe the startup time might not be only
stripes fault? I also did try yesterday to activate the precompilation
and the results were really encouraging (down to 3-4 secs). I have
another webapp with a single servlet and I think it does 1-2 sec
startup time (without precompilation). I don't believe you'll find any
java framework that would improve significantly on Stripes.

Cheers

Nicolas