Hi, Dark-horse

The Iceland Govt. in bankruptcy state does not has GFW.
It surprise me that the severe economical situation of China in your
description.
Well, I don't think that here is the right place to make political or
military arguments.
Let's focus on the problem specific to your country.

The GFW actually also enclosed an opportunity for you by locking the door
up.
Why not start your own business with TyphoonAE(Python) or AppScale (Java) in
your country.
The market of GAE-compatible service within the GFW is all yours.

Haven't you find that how great it is.
The people of China can access all the utilities and tools on the internet
freely.
All of the free lunch on the internet were not been blocked by the GFW
provided that they do not annoy the China Govt.
Whereas the websites (services) outside the China are not accessible by
consumers in the so-called world largest market which behinds the GFW.

No matter you care about your fellows' human rights or not,
The GFW might become beneficial to your pocket with TyphoonAE and AppScale.
See, what the Google done is good for the people who address to human rights
as well as people who emphases on business profits.