I have an app that, for some reason, is still adding the short (5 or 6
digit) auto IDs for new entities in production.  This is not the
expected/desired behavior.  I am using v1.9.1.

Adding->  auto_id_policy: default  to app.yaml yields the following error:

Deployment failed, details: { Failed to load application, Line 5, column
15: Unable to find property 'auto_id_policy' on class:
com.google.cloud.services.infrastructure.controller.appengine.PreparedAppYaml$PreparedAppYamlInner,

none}

Is there some other reason why this app would still be using the short IDs?
   I would prefer the newer (16 digit) scattered IDs.  Thanks.