Apologies in advance if I am not using the right terminology in
describing my question.  English is my first language.  But COBOL was
my first programming language :).

I am investigating using GWT/GAE for an upcoming project and one of
the requirements is that we provide an engine that will be used by our
GWT front-end as well as potentially being used by other clients -
perhaps over a web service (or a RESTful interface).

In creating the GWT application, one obviously has to define an API
between the "client side" and the "server side".  This appears to be
precisely the API I would want to expose to others.  It would also
seem to be redundant to have a second implementation of the API that
works with non-GWT front ends.

Thus, I am guessing there is a way to expose my GWT API to others.
More specifically, since I am using RequestFactory, I am talking about
exposing the methods defined in the RequestContext for each of my
entities (and implemented in the entity itself - at least as of GWT
2.1.0).

I have looked at the restlet project and it seems that that *might* be
what I need.  But it's hard for an ex-COBOL programmer to know for
sure :).

Thanks in advance for your help!
RB