Thanks Dan.

Our i2b2 and CDM are only loaded with patients who have NOT explicitly
opted-out of having their data available for general research purposes as
part of the consent process within the healthcare system. When we ran the
initial breast-cancer cohort query, all of the patients that met the
criteria had not opted-out.  Since then, 3 of those patients have
opted-out, or indicated they do not want their data to be available for
general research purposes.  So this means we no longer include them in i2b2
or our CDM builds/loads.  However, since they have consented specifically
for the breast cancer study and as I understand the rules, their data can
still be used for that study.  Since these patients still exist within our
data warehouse, we need to figure out how to make their data available
through some type of consent flag within i2b2/CDM (which may be problematic
if our changes do not conform to the standard) or some other type of
generally accepted approach.

Regards,

Justin Dale
Manager - Research Development and Support
University of Minnesota
Academic Health Center - Office of Information Systems
Phone: 612.624.9747
Fax: 612.624.7458
jd...@umn.edu