All,

Kristen at MCW asked for guidance on what to select in the ETL Annotated Data
Dictionary as the data providence for the social security death master file
(specifically, the data providence question for the CDM DEATH table).

I looked at the KUMC draft and it seems we at KU selected "National Death
Index" (along with EHR of course) which seemed right at first glance.  However,
I searched the web and found that the CDC has something called "National Death
Index (NDI)" (http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/ndi/) which doesn't appear to be the same
thing as the SSDMF.

I'd be interested in feedback from the group as to what the right choice is.
Perhaps simply "Death Registry"?  The options are:

- EHR
- National Death Index
- State Death Records
- Death Registry