On 02/06/2019 05:46 AM, Emmanuele Bassi via gtk-app-devel-list wrote:
> Are there any objections? Did somebody already try out Discourse and has
> opinions about it that they want to share with the community?
>
> Ciao,
>  Emmanuele.

Improvements are always welcome, but I've seen a number of moves away from the
traditional mailing list, or fragmentation of a list into sub-topics fail
miserably. (it fragments the community as well)

I'm not sure I see the logic on how a mailing list change could make GTK more
friendly to newcomers. You have a good thing going here that has stood the
test of time. I would at least maintain the mailing list as is until you have
some confirmation that any change actually accomplishes its stated goals.

I for one see no benefit in discourse.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.