Good, good.

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Panicz Maciej Godek <godek.mac...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > I've got this <https://github.com/borgauf/pamphlet> fork going where
> I've
> > done some editing (grammar, style, spelling, etc.) on the book (up to
> > "Reporting bugs." Let me know what you think.
>
> I'm really impressed! Thanks! :)
> However, I do have some remarks:
>
> 1. if possible, it would be nice if you could keep the lines up to 80
> columns each (60 columns is preferable). I do editing in Emacs in
> terminal on a very tiny display and I often split the screen in two
> halves for comparatory editing.
> The only exception are links that are more than 80 columns long.
>
> 2. in the line 161, you expanded the sentence "The first chapter
> introduces all the elementary notions needed for programming" with the
> adverbial "in Scheme". My original intent was that -- although the
> syntactic guise of the programs expressed is obviously Scheme -- the
> presented notions (of definition, reduction and substitution) are
> required to do programming in general.

corrected

> 3. I'm not quite convinced whether \texttt{equivalence-classes} should
> be replaced with \textit{equivalence-classes}. If we actually decide
> to do so, I think it would be better to replace it as
> \textit{equivalence classes}. However, although the italics are
> actually used to refer to new notions, and typewriter font to refer to
> notions/functions defined in Scheme, that use case is closer to
> mentioning, than defining -- and I thought it would fall into memory
> easier if the reader could see that "this is actually a Scheme
> function indeed". (This won't be obvious during the first reading, so
> I think it would be best to put the decision off for now)

good . . . it's just that it bleeds into the margin (on your original pdf)
. . . any way to correct that?

> 4. I don't think that we need to add (line 192) that we mean "the
> phenomena in the +real+ world". We could also mean the phenomena in
> the world of ideas, or  some fictional world. Either way, this is
> unobvious from the philosophical point of view ;]

I didn't change this? But looking at it I'd say ". . . Internalizing a
definition is not always a
pleasant task, because it requires the intellectual effort of focusing and
remembering." (*the *instead of *an*)

> 5. I think you got the "reading programs isn't like reading novels"
> (196) opposite to my intention, which was that the programs have a
> higher level of generality (which is rather unfamiliar) -- novels are
> more concrete and less general.

Changed it to  ". . . Because of their familiar narrative specificity, we
typically absorb stories almost effortlessly."