Dear Users,

I am trying to find a way to split a polygon into a predetermined number of
output polygons, or - even better - into subpolygons of a predetermined area.

Lets say, I have a forestpolygon of 31,7h ha and want to divide it in 31
parcels (meaning each of them a bit bigger then 1 ha). Even better would be if
I could tell my GIS to divide it into 1 ha parcels (meaning each of them
exactly 1 ha) and a leftover (in this case half a hectare).

ArcGIS provides a solution with Parcels Editor which requires ArcEditor or
ArcInfo. Both cost a fortune.

Is cvSIG by any chance able to handle this, or any other kind of software?

your input will be highly appreciated!

kind regards, Konrad