[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> [h-cost] Pattern making books

metric pattern cutting by winifred aldwych (sp??)

as the title suggests, it's in centimetres, etc, but it's a standard text (in
the uk at least), and the patterns (and blocks) are quite simple (once you
get over the scary look of the thing!!) pretty much foolproof if you can do
basic geometry and maths.

I started using it when I was about 11 and found it in the local library, so
it can't be that hard!  it was later a required text for my university course.

only thing I'll say is don't trust the standard sizes in the size charts -
they're based on the british standard, which is way out of date.