On Thursday 04 January 2007 1:11 am, Penny Ladnier wrote:
> Okay, I caught up on the topic... I'm sorry for my stupid question.
>
> I am wondering if these Egyptian dresses that were found in the 1920s were
> what made beaded dresses in the 1920s so fashionable.  From my research,
> they appear in fashion around the same time as the dates of the beaded
> Egyptian dress finds.

They do, but the "beaded dresses" Rosalind Hall (?) Janessen talks about are
significantly different than the finely beaded creations of the 1920s.  They
are a coarse mesh, made of either linen thread or large beads.  Some of the
western "beaded dresses" may incorporate motifs from Egyptian pictorial art,
but I don't think the actual ancient "beaded dresses" were that big a factor.

--
Cathy Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point
of doubtful sanity."  --Robert Frost