Not exactly costume content but:

My brother-in-law has a business making indoor tents (that you put on the bed) and mosquito nets to protect from bedbugs, mosquitoes, etc. Any insect outside the tent trying to get in. He spent years, pretty much full time, traveling in third-world countries, and he's really into epidemics. Or rather, protecting against them. He sells most of his merchandise to low-budget travelers to Africa, Asia, etc., also missionaries, foreign aid workers, and so on.

This is a guy who taught himself to design and sew by looking at all kinds of tents, etc. He's never taken a sewing class, public or private instruction, in his life. I did buy him a _Reader's Digest Guide to Sewing_ after hearing him try to describe kinds of seams in terms like "the kind that folds over and then over again." I don't know if he ever used it. He's had a successful business for 15 years or so and now employs other people to do all the sewing, except sometimes when there's a real rush.

Fran
Lavolta Press Books on Historic Costuming
http://www.lavoltapress.com

Adele de Maisieres wrote:

Lavolta Press wrote:

Personally, I think a modern bird flu pandemic is not unlikely.

Personally, I'm more worried about the human-being flu.

(Costume content-- I have decent looking pyjamas in my drawer, in case I have to go to the hospital.)