Chris. Aubrey-Smith wrote:

> I was a little disappointed that no-one could tell me why I'm having so
> much
> trouble getting wireless networking going on my machine (ThinkPad X30 with
> Etch) but I'm grateful to those who offered help.

If I remember correctly we found out the Orinoco driver for a prism2 card
was loaded properly but the network settings for the card were not
correct. You were  allocated an IPv6 address and that was partly as
expected as the network here supports IPv6 I believe but if it was not a
network allocation over wireless (more likely) then Debian was assigning
an IPv6 address by default.

This led me to think that you network configuration was at fault and the
card not properly setup, I was expecting something like this in:

/etc/network
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp

however your wlan card was named something different to wlan0 ? If my
memory serves me right. So this may have been a modules conf issue...

Something more to go on perhaps, over to Surrey perhaps:)

 -- Damian

--
Damian L Brasher
http://www.diap.org.uk - Advanced backup volume management.