Peter Alefounder wrote:
> I'm not sure that I would make much use of it, though.

I assume these are from council offices or local libraries.
If a library you may find they have already scanned documents
in at a high resultion- often using special lightingh to enhance
ink etc.

> "Gordon Scott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>> cameras then yes, use the CD but the CCD quality on some cameras is not
>> up to the sort of accurate focussing the macro photography demands.
>
> I saw one (expensive) compact with a super macro mode. It could
> focus down to 2-3 cm: the result was like having a camera attached
> to a low power microscope.

My Fuji S9500 is supposed to do this - and it can be picked up s/h
for around 150UKP or less. Tried to get a shot of a spider on a web
(had a glorious gold cross on its back) but without a tripod the
shot(s) were terrible. Instead I used zoom and the result was 'OK'.

If I make it to the next joint surrey/hants meet (Hopefully we pick
up a new puppy tomorrow so our free time is going to be booked for
a while) then I will bring the camera and you can "have a play".

I also grabbed a few SD card readers from the local cheap shop (99p)
which work with my 4GB SDHC cards.

Jacqui