I forward this from the leicester lug:
This looks like a worthy cause, hope you find it useful?
alan cocks

-------- Original Message --------
From: - Thu Jun  4 16:39:15 2009
[snip]
From: Steve Brown <steve.stevebr...@gmail.com>
[snip]
Subject: [Leicester] Call for volunteers for the Linux Gazette

Hi All,

I've not posted here for a while and I hope you can forgive this
temporary intrusion.

I regularly read the Linux Gazette ( http://linuxgazette.net/ ). Over
the years I have found it to be a valuable source of knowledge and
information. It continues to be fairly unique in that it is published
once a month and has not converted to a CMS or wiki format.

It has been running steadily for about 14 years but just lately the
number of editors, authors and other volunteers has gradually fallen
until it is at the point that they need to recruit new blood.

The posts available can be found here :
http://linuxgazette.net/131/lg_backpage.html

Don't let the age of the page put you off - as a result of this first
call the magazine has been able to run for an additional year.

This is a fantastic magazine and I'd hate to see it die. I know from
reading the posts here over the years that there are a bunch of clever
people with a wealth of Linux experience. Could it be that you are
willing to convert some of your talks to articles for publication?

Sadly, there's no money in it - just publishing for posterity and fun.
Linux Gazette embodies the open source principles - it's a friendly
place to go for help and education.

If you can't help but know someone who can please pass this on, I am
only a member of this mailing list and not a part of the wider LUG
family, so perhaps someone would be kind enough to spread the world.

Please forgive this brief interruption, I now return you to your
advertised programming.

Steve

(end of original message, as edited)

--