> I'll stop correcting you when you stop getting it wrong. :)

On the subject of being wrong...

Your comment was "That's just an assertion". Refuting that statement does
*not* mean that the original "it's good enough" comment is not an
assertion, it means that it is not *just* an assertion.

I hope you can see the difference between those two statements.

As such, a claim of "No, it isn't [just an assertion]" is entirely
apropos, despite the fact that it remains an assertion.

> It does recover the document,
> but that's still a minimum of 20 mins lost time taken, because that's
> how long it takes to open the document again.

What are you doing that takes 20 minutes to open a file?

I only have one system that takes that long - and it's trying to run OOo +
Gnome in 32MB...

> If it costs me more money in
> lost time and productivity to use an open source solution than a
> commercial solution, I'm not going to play.  I'm not a charity.

Your continuing use of Free software requires *someone* to be charitable.
If everyone were to take the same tack as you have above, there would be
no more Free software, and that will be to the detriment of us all.

It is therefore *in our own interests* to be charitable...

> My definition of crap:  Software that costs me a lot of money because
> it is slow and it crashes.

And you use Windows?

Vic.