Hi Vic,

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Vic<l...@beer.org.uk> wrote:

>> I'll stop correcting you when you stop getting it wrong. :)
>
> On the subject of being wrong...
>
> Your comment was "That's just an assertion". Refuting that statement does
> *not* mean that the original "it's good enough" comment is not an
> assertion, it means that it is not *just* an assertion.
>
> I hope you can see the difference between those two statements.

Absolutely.  Well observed. :)

>> It does recover the document,
>> but that's still a minimum of 20 mins lost time taken, because that's
>> how long it takes to open the document again.
>
> What are you doing that takes 20 minutes to open a file?

A number of spreadsheets which do not contain a tremendously
complicated set of formulae, and contain perhaps a dozen different
sheets per master file.  Basically, accounts work.

> Your continuing use of Free software requires *someone* to be charitable.

And I am - I give my time (and money) to a number of open source
projects.  Just not this one.

>> My definition of crap:  Software that costs me a lot of money because
>> it is slow and it crashes.
>
> And you use Windows?

No.  I use Linux, OSX and Solaris.  But the mention of Windows is
interesting.  Many people claim that Windows is, for them, an adequate
solution.  Many of us would suggest that Windows is crap - for the
same reasons that I feel OpenOffice is crap.

S.
--
Stephen Nelson-Smith
Technical Director