> >I was a very long time user of WindowMaker but lack of development
> >has meant that it is now a very old fashioned interface and I'd be
> >reluctant to go back to wmaker and give up the 'bells&  whistles' that
> >gnome provides.
> >
> Not having any high-powered machines, and having jumped to Openbox a
> few months ago I can't see that Gnome or KDE have any appeal (all
> flames are welcome...)

I do use KDE4 on my main desktop system - which is now getting old
- but on really old kit I find Fluxbox very acceptable and quite
usable. I do prefer KDE4 usability but FLuxbox is faster. In the
end to each their own really.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

While it may be faster than DLT tapes, 're-typing' is not a
valid recovery strategy.
        -- anon