> -----Original Message-----
> From: hampshire-boun...@mailman.lug.org.uk [mailto:hampshire-
> boun...@mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of Vic
> Sent: 07 February 2012 18:38
> To: hampshire@mailman.lug.org.uk
> Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Vodafone - the hard sell
>

> Do you need the latest shiny-shiny?

Indeed - that's the thing - I absolutely hate the latest "shiny-shiny".   I
want to avoid that that completely.   Point well made about PAYG.

I'm partially sighted so for me - a 2" screen is the proverbial chocolate
fireguard - but of course these Vodafone customer service drones can't get
their head around that.   They seem bemused when I say I hate touchscreens
(which I do for phones - ipad is different!) and I don't want the net on the
move.   All I basically want is a phone which can do huge fonts and has
buttons - and that's it.   I scarcely even text nowadays but that's useful
for (for instance) contacts from the kids' school.

Cheers
Rob