On May 19, 2011, at 6:11 PM, Jean Christophe André wrote:

> Le 2011-05-19 16:35 +0700, Lilly Nguyen a écrit :
>> It's been awhile, but after seeing everyone at the Ubuntu release
>> party, I thought we should try and reinstate the "Happy Hour".
>> I propose that rather than weekly, how about bi-weekly? And since
>> the Coding Dojos now take place on Saturdays, it might be better
>> to move the day to Sunday? I think the venue is totally fine, so
>> no need to change that, but would be nice to have a regular meet-up
>> and hang-out!
>
> I think probably missed something here…
> Could you remind me (us) what is this “Happy Hour” all about? ;)

No problem: the premise of Happy Hour was just informal get together so that we
could hang out, socialize, etc. It's been awhile, but the initial proposal was
weekly Saturday nights (around 8pm) at Cafe Dac Di, however it eventually
dissipated (my own fault). It was so nice to see everyone again at the Ubuntu
release party, that I thought it would be fun to reinstate it. However, rather
than weekly, make it a bi-weekly (i.e. every other week) event.

I don't know if this is common elsewhere, but Happy Hours in the US are
typically informal gatherings for beer and chatting. So, this would be a
HanoiLUG Happy Hour. People could drop by, we'd have our computers..it would be
pretty informal and open.

Of course, this is open to change as to however the community sees fit.

Best,
Lilly