(2011/06/28 14:02), Truong Anh. Tuan wrote:
>> <OT>
>> > hmmmm... no. It's time to kill this myth for the great good of both
>> > vietnamese people and foreigners.
>> > [beli a good read about this:
>> > http://www.tofugu.com/2010/06/18/top-10-reasons-a-japanese-girlfriend-wont-help-your-japanese/
>> > ]
>> > </OT>
> There is no reason to doubt Gwenhael. He has got a lot of experience
> about this. He also can not speak Vietnamese even after he got married
> to a Vietnamese beautiful girl :D

He is talking about Japanese.
Was that *history* or my story? :)

Having a relationship with a "ganguro" is a bad idea if you want to
learn Japanese.
Simplely, what a "ganguro" speaks is not Japanese :)

For expats those who want to stay in a foreign country, mastering the
local language
worths the investment.

However, in some cases, I think the side effect may devalue you:

Vietnamese expects that you - a Western foreigner - can speak a language
that they have to pay and learn.
Don't command a Vietnamese with his mother tongue, use English!

Btw, this is my random thought a year ago. Enjoy reading :)
http://www.slideshare.net/vuhung16plus/betterservicesinvietnam

Viet Nhat General Joint Stock Company (Vinicorp)

Addr:  3F, 92 Hoang Ngan - Trung Hoa - Cau Giay - Hanoi

Tel :(+84)-4-3556-3607 Fax :(+84)-4-3556-3608

Nguyen Vu Hung

Email: vuh...@vinicorp.com.vn Mobile: (+84)-167-252-5834