Hello Vladimir,

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 11:58:32AM +0200, Vladimír Houba ml. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the usual setup for haproxy logging is using an udp. Though, this comes
> with the risk of dropped datagrams. It is very difficult to figure out a
> dropped packet. I think that it would be nice if each message could have a
> counter that would make it possible to detect that some messages were
> dropped.

You can do it by putting "%lc" in your log format. It's the frontend's
log counter, it was designed exactly for this use case. There is also
"%rt" which is the global request counter, sometimes more suited if
you have multiple frontends and you don't want to count per-frontend.

Willy

  • upd logging Vladimír Houba ml .
    • Re: upd logging Willy Tarreau