From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net <hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Thu Feb 16 08:41:55 2006
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] VistA Information

I think we will all be happy to provide information.  But you have
asked a very broad question.  Could you be more specific?

Regarding #2, the hardware requirements are low.  I guess it depends
on the size of you facility.  But for our 15 physician site, I found a
$3000 server is more than adequate, and will be for decades to come.

Software requirements:  You can use GT.M, a linux free-license,
optional-pay-for-support model.  This is what I use, and it is very
functional.  Or you can use a commercial product, Cache' that is, by
all reports, also very good.  There are probably other mumps
environments you could use too.

Technologies: the server side is all written in M/Mumps.  The client
is a windows application that uses a RPC broker for communication back
to the server.  The client source code is available, and it is written
in Delphi.

Kevin T.