Henri Yandell wrote:

I'm completely guessing, but it would imply that the Sound API,

Tritonus.org, already merged into Kaffe :) I'm talking to the authors about contributing it to GNU Classpath.

porting Doug Lea's concurrent API to an open JDK 1.5 equivalent,
various image APIs,

I would be eyeing the apache XML graphics project for some of those.

some security APIs (kerberos),

I believe there is an incubator project for kerberos within ASF.

JMX,

Yeah, everyone seems to have an implementation of that: mx4j, jboss, ... :)

java.lang.instrument/management, a surprising amount of java.math are
all areas in need of definite work. Amongst others.

Yep. There is also CORBA, the org.omg interfaces. My hope is that we can then just plug into JacORB for the backend.

cheers,
dalibor topic