Steve Liao wrote:

> We cache the stack map info in the VM.  VM only handles the storage,

> but JIT controls the interpretation.  The rationale is that we want to

> let JIT focus on compilation, not on storage.  However, since JIT

> controls the interpretation, unified format on stack map is not

> required.  It may be beneficial for multiple JITs to agree on a

> format.

The format of the opaque storage (in the VM) may not need unification
since the only a specific JIT will interpret it. However, as it is
likely that there will be several JITs hosted by a VM, it may be useful
to try to attain a common format for the interpreted structure that the
JITs will hand to the VM.

Thanks,

Rana